Sunday, November 30, 2008

Class Response


Since joining the Omega unit, I have learned many new things in science class. One of the most interesting topics that our class studied is food webs and food chains. I have learned that food webs are actually overlapping food chains and that a food chain describes the eating relationships between species within an ecosystem. I now understand that there are many food chains and food webs, not just one. I have also learned about these topics outside of school. Using the internet, I learned that food chains have only 4 or 5 links most of the time. Most animals are part of more than one food chain and they eat more than one type of food to meet their food and energy requirements for their health. I visited the website http://www.vtaide.com/png/foodchains.htm to find out that information. I really liked this topic because it was very interesting and was really simple to learn. I played computer games, like the food chain game. In this game, I had to put animals in to food chain order. For example, the grass is eaten by the mouse, which is eaten by the wolf. I also completed other activities to help me understand the topic better.

No comments: