Thursday, April 15, 2010

Greenhouse Interactive

To learn about the Greenhouse Effect for my science project, I did an online interactive at http://forces.si.edu/atmosphere/interactive/atmosphere.html I learned many new things about the Greenhouse Effect, for example, the vital gases that support the Greenhouse Effect are Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Ozone (O3), and Oxygen (O2). Many people say that the Greenhouse Effect is very bad for the environment, and must be stopped, however I also learned that without it, the Earth would be too cold to sustain life. However, too much of these gases, or excess Greenhouse gases,which humans are causing, will cause the Earth to be hot to sustain life. Another cool fact that I learned is that 2.2 billion years ago, oxygen made up .2% of the atmosphere, today it is 21% of the atmosphere. I found this website to be very resourceful and helpful to me, and it will help many other people if they want to know more about the Greenhouse effect. Interactive games like this one make learning about topics not boring, but actually fun.

No comments: